Homework/Assignments for Grades 5 - 8
Week of March 8 - 12, 2010
- Journal: Psalms 51:7, 10-12 contains a beautiful poem written by David tht tells of his continual struggle with anger and sin.
- Write poem or a song that is a prayer from your heart, asking God to change you to be more like Him.
- Page 71: Dig a Little Deeper #1 - Annie Smith used her talents to spread the Good News of Salvation. Read Matthew 10:2-4. These are the people Jesus chose to spread the good news of salvation while He lived on earth. Choose two of the disciples and tell about the talents they used o tell others about the good news.
- Suppose you were in the upper room on the Day of Pentecost. Write about your experience.
- Read Acts 2:9 -11. Compile list of nationalities and places from where the believers living in Jerusalem had originally come.
- Read Testimonies to Ministers (copies given). Explain the literal meaning of the Former and Latter Rain.
- Compare and Contrast the early and latter rain.
- This week we will review personification and explore metaphors and similes.
- Context clues
- Complete book "Gifted Hands" -
- Discuss the life skills you learned in this book.
Social Studies Due Friday 3/19/10
- Learn the checks and balances within the Federal Government
- Learn how a Bill becomes a Law
- Complete handout sheets
Saturday, March 12 - Church School Rally Day
- Wear formal uniform
- Lunch provided
- Cost $10
- Bring snacks and money for return trip rest stop.
Tuesday - In-School trip - $5